Savor| \ ˈsā-vər
1. taste and enjoy completely.
2. enjoy or appreciate (something pleasant).
3. the mindful awareness of the experience of pleasure
Synonyms: relish, enjoy (to the full), appreciate, delight in, revel in, luxuriate in, linger (“she savored every bite”)
What is The SAVOR Project? Here are our core principles:
- We center food literacy and therapeutic horticulture for mind/body health
- We celebrate stories and perspectives from underrepresented voices
- We promote ways to mindfully engage with food, our bodies, and nature
The SAVOR Project was developed in 2019 by Dr. Dawnn McWatters, Psy.D., a licensed psychologist, mindful eating educator, and gardening enthusiast of 20+ years.